Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Vlog, The Women Who Act As My Hierophants, and A Call To Share!!

Greetings Fellow Spiritual Beings! 

Apologies for the late post... The hubs and I are making progress on the house, however he has been really sick with one of those pesky summer colds for the last few days and has been unable to help out much.  He is on the mend and should be up and running again very soon.  Also... I have been vlogging!  I have two videos up on YouTube so go check them out at:


Can you believe that this is my 7th post?!  It seems like just yesterday when I started this adventure through the Tarot... Okay, down to the business at hand!  Card number 5 of the Tarot; The Hierophant! 

To be honest with you, I was dreading studying this card.  It doesn't seem like much fun to study a guy that is known in the Marseilles Tarot as the Pope; A spiritual leader.  Meh.  But then I buckled down and started reading up on him and, wouldn't you know, I fell in love.  I don't know about you but the word Hierophant did not make an appearance in my vocabulary until I picked up my first Tarot deck.  Let's take a look at what this peculiar word actually means...



The word Hierophant comes from
the Greek hiero and phantos,
meaning "revealer of the sacred."


 
I have known the Hierophant as a teacher or spiritual leader, but this?  This puts a new spin on things for me.  The Hierophant is a spiritual mentor, someone who takes something that you are interested in but don't quite understand and makes it into something you can swallow.  I am fortunate enough to have many embodiments of the Hierophant in my life, thanks to Facebook, YouTube, Blogtalk Radio and the internet in general.  Here are a few I would like to spotlight:




Shout out to....


1. Joanna DeVoe: Girl, let me tell you... you were the very first witchy 
blog/vlog/radio show that really caught my attention and boy do you pack a punch! 
 I can't thank you enough for being there to take GIANT topics, be they witchy or mundane, 
and make them into bite sized morsels for me and your many other admirers to chew on!  
A big ol' MUCH LOVE to you Jo! 
2. Kelly Ann Maddox: I am 99% sure that Kelly Ann does not follow
my blog, however, I do need to give her an enormous shout out for all of the things she has taught me 
since finding her YouTube channel and blog, thanks to the aforementioned Jo DeVoe!  Kelly Ann, you are brilliant and your voice is just intoxicating...  Your "no nonsense" attitude, enticing topics and 
knowledge of many a witchy subject make your blog/vlog a highlight in my life.  
 THANK YOU!
3. Tylluan Penry: I just recently found this gem, but I think so much of her and have 
learned so much from her already, that I think she has earned this third and final shout out.  Tylluan has a wealth of knowledge and gives it to you in short 5-7 minute videos which she films at her kitchen table.  
Thank you Tylluan... and I hope you continue to make your wonderfully witchy videos for us to enjoy!  Also... Hello to Noah! :)

The above mentioned "spiritual mentors" of mine along with a  few others really made an impact on me in the recent past.  When the Hierophant makes an appearance in a spread, remember those who have taught you a thing or two, gave your life some structure, made order of the chaos that can be spirituality when you are first starting out.  This fool isn't too far on her way yet... I am not above learning a lesson from Witches with more experience than I and many more witchy years under their belt.   I will make it my life's mission NEVER to stop learning, and to do that, I need to keep finding teachers and mentors to show me new things!  So PLEASE share... who are your witchy, spiritual mentors?  I would love it if you would comment and share with me who makes you think, makes your head spin, makes you go hmmmm... whether they know it or not!  

Love, light and blessings to you all my pretties...
~Jonquil 

2 comments:

  1. I get to be a Hierophant?! Yay! THANK YOU so much for the mention, Lauren. You are magickal!!! -xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jo! You absolutely are a Hierophant!! :) Thank you!!!

      Delete